Fantastic picture of our feet

The sylish picture above was taken by Kristen Purcell of La Vie Photography. She does incredible work and is great to work with! www.laviephotography.net.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Menu board

Let me give a shout out to Pinterest for this idea!  Love love love that website. 

So I had a frame that I had tried to make magnetic and chalkboard.  It worked okay, but has been sitting in my kitchen for months unused because it didn't meet the needs that I originally created it for.


So I pulled out a bunch of my scrapbooking supplies:


And agonized for about an hour over which papers to use.  Serious decision to make!

After I got that done i put it back in the frame and put the glass over it to help protect the paper.  Don't want to have to go through that decision making again!

Then I cut out paper to cover the paperclips, put the days of the week on them, and hotglued them to the frame.  Ahhh, how I've missed my hotglue gun.  Need to find more excuses to use it.

 (BTW, very impressed with my moving photos ability at this moment :))

Then I created two boxes out of scrapbooking paper to hold the recipes. On Pinterest, I've only seen this with one box, but I wanted to make one for main courses and one for sides.  Of course, once I was done I realized maybe I needed a third for dessert.  So....dessert is now considered a side item.  


 The menu cards are unlined index cards.  I need to find my sharpie to write the names of the meals on the front, right now they're just penciled in.  On the backs are the ingredients.  And I mean all the ingredients.  For example, if we're having tater tots as a side, I need to make sure we have tater tots, ketchup, and sriracha.  Trying to take the thinking out of my grocery list!

It's hard to tell because of the glare of the glass, but on the top middle to right is MENU.  I also got to break out my cricut for this, which excited me as well.  

But most exciting is now, when I'm asked that ever-so-lovely question we all love to hear (what's for dinner), all I have to do is point at the board!  

No comments:

Post a Comment