Fantastic picture of our feet

The sylish picture above was taken by Kristen Purcell of La Vie Photography. She does incredible work and is great to work with! www.laviephotography.net.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Flylady Challenge Day 1

I don't know if you've heard of Flylady but I love her.  I was successfully flying a few years ago, when I lived only minutes from work and could do my zone cleaning at lunch and BE (that's Before Ellie).  I am not proud to admit it, but since having Elayna and especially since moving, the house is utter CHAOS.  I keep trying to flutter along, but my inner child (Lizzie) has been ruling the roost.

Lizzie is mean.  She throws temper tantrums when she doesn't get her way (which is quite often).  She gets angry and resentful when she has to cook, clean, grocery shop, do laundry, go to work...you get the idea.  She in turn yells at her family.  She has made the house an unpleasant place for me to come home to.

I don't want to dread coming home because all that awaits is chores.  I want to look at the blessings I have rather than giving in to Lizzie's sulking.  I want to start enjoying my weekends again.  I want to let go of the idea that my house has to be perfect.  I want to be patient and kind to my family.  I want to stop being a martyr.  I'm full of wants!

So, I've decided to jump fully on the flylady bandwagon.  I'm going to completely 100% follow her babysteps and be on my way to flying.

Baby Step #1 is Shine Your Sink.  So I did! 

Sink before:



Sink after:





Notice that the bottle washer has been put up!  After all, Elayna stopped drinking out of bottles over a month ago...  And I wiped down the counters around the sink and under the coffee station while cooking dinner!

And it still looks that way after cooking a delicious spaghetti dinner!  Daniel washed ALL the dishes and I dried them and put them up after giving Elayna a bath.  And it was a candle-lit dinner.  I would like to say it's all rainbows and unicorns already, but the kids fought us about homework, the rest of the house is a disaster, and we have a ginormous Mt. Washmore going on, but it's a start! 

I'm also going to jump ahead and follow another important rule tonight - going to bed at a decent hour. 

They say it takes 21 days to make a habit.  Let's see what throwing myself fully into flylady can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment