Fantastic picture of our feet

The sylish picture above was taken by Kristen Purcell of La Vie Photography. She does incredible work and is great to work with! www.laviephotography.net.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Flylady Challenge Day #2 Get Dressed to the Shoes

So flylady says that the next most important thing to do is get dressed to your shoes.  This includes hair and makeup and real shoes.  Of course, my uniform of choice is the flipflop.  Luckily, I got to cheat today because it's jeans and tennie shoe day at work, so there you go.  Me dressed to the shoes:


I have to admit, I think I did get more done in my comfy tennies instead of heels.  So I will be wearing comfy shoes whenever possible instead of getting ready in the morning in my heels.

Also, apparently my reading comprehension isn't so good (ironic, I know), because flylady says it takes 31 days to make a habit, not 21, so congrats, you get to follow me on this journey an extra 10 days!

How was my second day of trying to fly?  Pretty good.  My sink was nice and shiney this morning and I left for work with it in tip-top shape.  I was dressed to the shoes.  But at 3:30, Lizzie started acting up.  I had hit that point in my day where I was excited that it was getting close to time to go home and was looking forward to a relaxing dinner, when she started whispering to me that I wouldn't have time to relax because I had to cook and clean and there's laundry to be done and the baby will need a bath and it's not fair.  Now, I think Lizzie was saying all this because all we want to do is read the book we're in the middle of.  So I took a deep breath and told her that those things wouldn't take very long to do and our reward for shining the sink would be to read.  And you know what, it didn't take very long to do.

So tomorrow is shine your sink, get dressed to the shoes, and explore the flight plans, routines, and zones.  I can totally rock this!

No comments:

Post a Comment