Fantastic picture of our feet

The sylish picture above was taken by Kristen Purcell of La Vie Photography. She does incredible work and is great to work with! www.laviephotography.net.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

V is for Vengeance

I know you've all been waiting anxiously for my review of V is for Vengeance...so here it is!

First I have to say I loved it, of course. Sue Grafton gets better and better each book. I can't wait to read Z is for ? but I don't want it to be over, either. Who knows, maybe she'll start into double letters? AA is for Angry Attackers? Just a thought :)

V kinda reminded me of S in a way. In both tales, the reader sees more than just Kinsey's view of what's going on. In V, we get to meet Nora, a happily married middle aged woman. We're slowly fed tidbits of a tragedy that occured in her past. I loved Nora. She definitely did some things most women only dream of.

We also meet Dante, a gangster loan shark. Have to say he was strangly likeable. He has an evil father and an idiot brother. But his uncle is pretty cool. Dante meets up with Nora and falls in love.

We first meet up with Kinsey as she is shopping for underwear. And being the mostly-honest mostly-law abiding citizen that she is, she alerts the store to a shoplifting duo. How is she paid back for her good deeds? By being hit by a car, of course. Poor Kinsey. It only gets worse, however, as she ends up with a broken nose at the end of the book. On her birthday. But even that could have been so much worse.

Henry was on a trip to visit his sister for most of the book, so we didn't get a lot of their chats, except on the phone. Rosie's cooking gets worse and worse each book, I think I finally figured out why Kinsey is so skinny.

Anyway, the plot is full of twists and turns I never saw coming. I inhaled this book, just couldn't put it down. A++ and you must go out now and get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment