Fantastic picture of our feet

The sylish picture above was taken by Kristen Purcell of La Vie Photography. She does incredible work and is great to work with! www.laviephotography.net.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Flylady challenge day #10

So today I woke up and thought it was Saturday.  Not the best way to start a Thursday!  Thank goodness for my wonderful husband who rolled over and asked me if I was getting up for work.  I usually get up about 5:30 (I have to leave at 7).  Today I got up at 6:09!!

So, I didn't really have time for all of my morning routine.  I did not throw a load on of laundry or do my 5 minute room rescue.  But my sink is shiney and we're having leftover chili for dinner.  And I don't even feel bad about the things I didn't get done.  Because my laundy is slowly getting under control.  We have clothes for tomorrow and I'll do a small load tomorrow so it doesn't matter.  I'm not stressing about being behind.  I'm going to jump in where I'm at with my evening routine and let go of perfectionism.

Challenge today is 15 minutes doing something.  Today the challenge is picking up trash.  To be honest, I don't think I have enough trash lying around to use up the whole 15 minutes, so I'll probably end up using part of it as a room rescue. 

Lizzie really got mean with me today.  And I had to sit back and really tell myself that the things she was telling me weren't true.  And for every negative she said I came back with a positive.  And then I realized, it wasn't Lizzie really telling me these things.  She was just repeating things she's heard others say.  Well, that sealed it for me.  I don't need to listen to those mean things other people say.  Now, is it easy to tune out the negative thoughts?  Hell NO.  But I need to.  It doesn't do anybody around me, including myself, any good to listen to these things.  Will it improve the situation?  First, I don't think the situation necessarily needs to be improved.  Second, if it does need to be improved, you can believe that me being sullen and resentful, jealous and unhappy about it aren't going to improve it!  Yes, I know this is incredibly vague, but this is the internet and I'd rather not get too specific :)

Anyway...I have to say the flylady thing is working.  Before, I would have figured I already didn't get what I needed to get done in the morning done, why do anything tonight.  I also would have really let the vague thing mentioned above get me down, now every time it creeps into my mind I stop and ask myself why it's really bothering me.  And I ask myself if I really believe the bad things Lizzie's repeating or if I should just tell other people to shut up.  Truly a step in the right direction.

The house is not spotless.  But dinner is about to be warming on the stove.  We have clothes for tomorrow.  I'm going to spend 15 minutes throwing away trash and then do my evening routine and enjoy a new episode of Burn Notice.  Life is good today.

No comments:

Post a Comment